Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Purpose of this Blog

My purpose in writing this blog is to explore and record my thoughts on a topic that has been on my heart for nearly a decade. Though I am not a theologian or a pastor, I have spent nearly 10 years working on developing a solid theology of purity and I believe that through prayer and searching the scriptures God has given me a keen insight into this subject. Through this blog, I plan to keep a record of my thoughts as I work on writing a book about this subject, the title of which will be the same as the title of my blog.

Who am I writing to? I am really writing to three groups. Firstly, to those who are discouraged and troubled because they have failed and fallen in this area. Young women who are seeking and struggling to understand purity. To you, I love you and I understand because I have walked that path and been in those shoes and I know the heartache, confusion and pain that you have experienced. Secondly, to those who have yet to face the temptations of the world, those who have not yet been tested, but will be facing temptation and trial in the future. I have also been where you are, and I want to teach you what God taught me, but without the agony and distress of failure and disobedience. And thirdly, to you women who are considering Christ, who do not yet understand what purity is all about and why it is important to Christians. Many of you, I know, find Christians to be hostile, judgmental, and hypocritical in this area. Let me show you the heart of God, as much as I know of it, in this area, and I hope you will be amazed as I once was.

Please take what is helpful, leave what isn't, and tell me if you believe that anything I write is not Biblical or godly. I love accountability and even if I don't agree with what you say, I will appreciate that you said it. My prayer and petition to God is that He will use what I write here to help and serve Christian women and women who are considering Christianity, to the glory and praise of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment